The 70's revival is in full swing so get ready to make flares (or bell bottoms) your new boyfriend jean. "So how do I style it,” you ask? Let me help:
1. Make sure the hem is long enough. It needs to be grazing (barely touching the ground) in order to keep the leg from looking cut off.
2. Look for a pair with a high waist. Keeping a defined waist is essential in balancing the proportions and showcasing the most thin part of the leg - your thigh!
3. Wear tops on the shorter side to compliment the long line from the waistband to the floor. Cropped sweaters, half tucked tees, or a tucked in shirt give the most flattering look. I personally love this look with a fitted turtleneck. So classic, right?
4. Befriend your tailor. It is essential that you wear the right shoes with this fit. Bring your shoes in for a fitting to ensure a clean and classic hem that skims the floor.
5. Rock a high heel to make sure that no gathering or folding happens at the hem. Wedges and platforms are a comfortable way to add height.
6. Create a timeless look by wearing a dark rinse color with a pair of pointy heels and silk blouse.
1. Wear with flats...it's universally unflattering for most.
2. Keep the hem so long that you step all over them while trying to walk!
3. Stay stuck in skinny and boyfriend jean prison. Branch out and try this style!
4. Go with a low waist. You will risk looking like Britney Spears circa 2001.
5. Don't be afraid to go a bit bohemian with this look by buying a destroyed or light-wash pair to wear with lots of light layers. Just no peace sign necklaces please :)
I hope this helps give you the courage to add a new silhouette to your daily denim. Feel free to comment with any questions! I would love to help! Thanks again for stopping by Of Beauty and Grace!
XOXO - V